Garden Hotel Suzhou
The Garden Hotel Suzhou was originally built in early 1900s as the private villa of Chiang Kai-shek, the president of Republic of China (1928-1949). After the Communist government came to power in 1949, the hotel became the national guesthouse to accommodate Communist leaders and foreign diplomats. Over the next 50 years, it accommodated over 100 party and state leaders as well as leaders of foreign countries such as U.S. President Jimmy Carter, Secretary of State Dr. Henry Kissinger, UK and Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, among others.
The Garden Hotel Suzhou underwent extensive renovations in 2005 and reopened in 2007 as a deluxe boutique hotel. It is centrally located in the heart of the "Old Suzhou", with "Surging Waves Pavilion Garden" to the west, the "Master of Net Garden" to the east, and the shopping street to the north. As the only garden and villa-style hotel in Suzhou, it occupies an area of 10 acres with 235 rooms elegantly decorated with modern facilities combined with the delicate oriental touch.
This boutique hotel featuring deluxe rooms, beautifully set in a classic Chinese garden, was carefully selected by China Spree to match the historical and cultural essence of the city.
No.249 Shiquan Street, Suzhou
Laundry Service and Price