22 Day Imperial China, Tibet & Hong Kong (2012)
Uncover the timeless treasures Buddhist Tibet and Mainland China has to offer
- Lhasa - the heart and soul of Tibet: Shangri-la, the land of Snows, the rooftop of the world. The magic, mysterious Buddhist kingdom of Tibet is without doubt one of the world's most remarkable places. Gaze up the impressive Potala Palace; seek spiritual enlightenment at Jokhang Monastery or take a close-up look at local Tibet family homes. It's trip of a life time.
- Imperial Beijing: where your exciting tour starts, to discover China's proud capital and its countless imperial treasures such as the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and the legendary Great Wall.
- Xian - dynastic capital: Your history lesson continues when you visit the historic heartland of China, the home of the buried Army of Terra Cotta Warriors.
- Scenic Guilin: By the Chinese standard, "the most beautiful city under heaven" for its surreal limestone pinnacles and the fabled Li River.
- Idyllic Long Sheng: A legendary corner of China, a true gem for its spectacular Dragon Spine Rice Terraces and minority villages.
- Chengdu (Panda Reserve): a city of spicy food and Panda, a place rich in cultural legacy and historical sites, is commonly considered as China's most laid back city. Visit Giant Panda Breeding Center for an opportunity to hug a baby panda
- Yangtze River Cruise: 3-night cruise through Yangtze River's fabled Three Gorges, aboard one of the finest cruise ships--M.V. President Prime with guaranteed balcony cabin. Daily shore excursions and onboard entertainment included. Visit the massive Three Gorges Dam; cruise through the 5-stage ship lock; explore the scenic Shennong Stream on motorized sampans, and tour Shibaozhai, an old Yangtze riverside town.
- Metropolitan Shanghai: once the "Paris of the East" in 1930s, now the trendiest city in China
- Classic Suzhou: The canal-laced water town is China's artistic center over centuries; famed throughout China for its silk production, classic gardens and Grand Canal
- Hong Kong - the Pearl of the Orient: Hong Kong, the former Crown Colony, China's richest, most cosmopolitan city, is a kaleidoscope of life; a sophisticated fusion of East and West; a city of diversity where new and old meet at every turn. Feel the pulse of the China's vibrant outpost and experience the culture that makes Hong Kong unique.
Savor China's world-renowned delicacies with special culinary events
- Peking Duck Dinner: delight in the succulent, crispy and aromatic Peking Duck dinner right after you climbed the Great Wall
- Xian Dumpling Banquet: Enjoy a 17-course dumpling dinner, each with distinctive shapes and aroma.
Experience the real Tibet & China, up-close and personal, with our Culture Insite Program
- Up-close contact with Tibetan culture while you visit and have tea at a genuine local Tibetan family home.
- Hutong tour in Beijing: explore the alleyways and courtyard homes of old Beijing riding rickshaws, and conclude the tour with a home-hosted lunch at local family home.
Marvel at UNESCO World Heritage Sites in your trip
- The Great Wall
- Forbidden City
- Temple of Heaven: an Imperial Sacrificial Altar in Beijing
- Terra-cotta Warriors and Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor, Xian
- Historic Ensemble of the Potala Palace, Lhasa